Helping clients from around the world

Immigration Relief for Victims of Domestic Violence and Other Crimes

U Visas

If you are the victim of domestic violence or another violent crime or sex crime, you may be eligible for a U-visa. A U-visa will give you temporary legal status to live and work in the U.S. It may also allow you to get a green card after three years in U status.

The lawyers at the Glenwood Springs law office of Ted Hess & Associates, LLC, help immigrants throughout western Colorado get U-visas. To get a U-visa, you must cooperate with police and prosecutors.

We may be able to help you and your children or family members get U-visas. We charge flat-rate fees for this service, and we will put you on a payment plan that you can afford. Do not worry about the money – worry about your safety and your immigration.

Our lawyers have more than 50 years of combined legal experience – you can trust that we will get the job done for you. We will help you:

  • Get the records you need
  • Write required declarations
  • Organize, certify and present your petition
  • Prepare a waiver application
  • Advocate your case to the government

You might also want to take a look at these Frequently Asked Questions.

Who Qualifies For A U-Visa?

To be eligible for a U-visa, you must have suffered domestic violence, sexual assault, rape, incest, sexual exploitation, abusive sexual contact, kidnapping, false imprisonment, felonious assault or extortion. You can get a U-visa even if the person who hurt you was not convicted of a crime or has fled to Mexico.

If you are in immigration court or have a deportation order, you can still get a U-visa. Both men and women can get U-visas.

It is very important that an experienced attorney helps you apply for your U-visa. Making a mistake on the petition will jeopardize your immigration path and, possibly, your safety.

We Help Get Visas For Crime Victims | Contact Us

For more information about how we can help you get a U-visa, call 970-989-9906 or fill out this form. Our office is in Glenwood Springs. We charge reasonable fees because we want to help people in trouble.