U-Visas Attorneys Located In Glenwood Springs

Immigration Relief For Survivors Of Violent Crimes

If you are the victim of domestic violence or another violent crime or sex crime, you may be eligible for a U-visa. A U-visa will give you temporary legal status to live and work in the U.S. It may also allow you to get a green card after three years.

The lawyers at the Glenwood Springs law office of Ted Hess & Associates, LLC, help immigrants throughout Western Colorado get U-visas. To get a U-visa, you must cooperate with police and prosecutors.

We may be able to help you and your children or family members get U-visas. We charge flat-rate fees for this service, and we will put you on a payment plan that you can afford. Do not worry about the money — worry about your safety and your immigration.

Our lawyers have more than 50 years of combined legal experience — you can trust that we will get the job done for you.

What Are The qualifying crimes?

To be eligible for a U-visa, you must have suffered domestic violence, sexual assault, rape, incest, sexual exploitation, abusive sexual contact, kidnapping, false imprisonment, felonious assault or extortion. You can get a U-visa even if the person who hurt you was not convicted of a crime or has fled to Mexico.

If you are in immigration court or have a deportation order, you can still get a U-visa. Both men and women can get U-visas.

It is very important that an experienced attorney helps you apply for your U-visa. Making a mistake on the petition will jeopardize your immigration path and, possibly, your safety.

We Help Get Visas For Crime Victims | Contact Us

Our U-visas attorneys will help you:

  • Get a hold of the records you need
  • Write required declarations
  • Organize, certify and present your petition
  • Prepare a waiver application
  • Advocate your case to the government

For more information about how we can help you get a U-visa, call 970-989-9906 or fill out this form. You might also want to take a look at these Frequently Asked Questions.